During my time in schools effectually the country I have met some amazing students. When I talk most the project informally, I constantly refer to the astute, confident, organised and focused young people I have met. I experience reassured about the futurity from meeting them.

During my time at Rex Ethelberts School about Margate in Kent, I spoke to a number of Performing Arts and Drama students. All the students were confident and forthcoming, not shy of talking to me, and were full of ideas. They explained to me that Drama and Performing Arts had taught them the confidence I witnessed:

In schoolhouse I definitely acquire the confidence and Mr Wall and Mr Morris want you to be able to build that confidence, be able to act in front of a big audition. You take dorsum everything you lot learn at school I think.

Confidence is probably my master i. I used to do musical theatre exterior of schoolhouse and then I came to secondary school and stopped because I was like correct, now information technology is time to focus on schoolhouse work but then I got back into it in Yr 10 and I am more confident at present than I was when I was doing it outside of schoolhouse and I've but been doing information technology for not fifty-fifty a yr.

Merely, as the students explained, the performing arts subjects did more than simply build their conviction:

It definitely helps as well. It helps you to be able to accept that sometimes things become wrong and that is okay. Like with every aye, there is similar 10 nos. That is what it has taught me, to not beat myself up nearly something if I get it incorrect considering in that location is stuff I've washed in performing arts that I never thought I would do and I used to always be like no I can't practice that. Information technology has taught me that if I work on it, I volition get there somewhen. It is determination and commitment. It has definitely helped.

I used to go to drama club in Year 7, eight and 9 and I have got involved in presentation afternoon, some showcases. Merely I think they have been nice to aid me build upward to existence able to be confident in performing arts lessons and non just sit at that place quietly because it helped me make a lot of friends. I am friends with everyone in there but I didn't speak to one-half of the girls in in that location concluding twelvemonth and I just think it brings everyone together and it is quite nice.

This self-awareness, and resilience to the potential harshness of the globe was surprising to find in such young people.

I recall information technology is important that people are able to take that not beingness the best at everything is okay. And there are some things that you lot're not going to be good at but there are also things that you lot will be better than anyone else at which I recollect is important to know that everybody has a thing and a pathway ready for them and people might not but have institute information technology withal.

I think just exist confident in yourself. That is all you can actually do.

Finally, ane student explained how her experience of performing arts subjects had influenced what she potentially wanted to do with her life.

I would like to teach some sort of performing arts or drama considering I like being able to share what I know with other people because when I was younger I would constantly doubt myself then it would be nice to teach kids what I've been through. Information technology is okay, y'all are practiced. You are astonishing.